The representative office of Hilfswerk International is an Austrian non-profit charitable organization promoting international cooperation. Operating in Tajikistan since 2001, it has been implementing projects and programs for agricultural development and providing support of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Furthermore, it focusses on projects in the social sector and other priority areas of social and economic development.
Hilfswerk International is an international, humanitarian and impartial organization, without religious affiliation.
The main objective of the organization is to assist civil victims affected by environmental disasters, economic hardship and war.
During project implementation phases, Hilfswerk International efficiently cooperates with the following government facilities of the Republic of Tajikistan:
- The Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
- The State Committee on Investments and State Property Management
- The Ministry of Education and Science
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection
- The Ministry of Agriculture
- The Agency for Standardization, Metrology, Certification and Trade Inspection under the Government of Tajikistan
- Several local executive bodies representing the state authority
Moreover, Hilfswerk International in Tajikistan maintains close cooperation with international organizations such as UNDP, GIZ and USAID for the implementation of diverse projects.